Wednesday 15 July 2009

My First Blogg!!!

Hello there – I am Findlay the cat and I live at The Old Vicarage Guesthouse in Berwick-upon-Tweed in Northumberland, England – just. I say “just” because we are very close to the border here in North Northumberland. I have been asked to respond to my fans, people who have stayed here at some time and have mentioned me in dispatches. The owners of The Old Vicarage (Maurice and Ruth) have often commented on how popular I am. I play my part in welcoming guests and am often found sprawled across someone's knee in the drawing room. I am banned from the dining room but have the run of the place generally – except for those rare occasions when a guest is allergic to cats or does not like me at all, and I am banned from just about everywhere!

I even get a mention on trip advisor – that internet site that people can look up for reports on places they might want to stay in. We're very lucky to have lots of great reports – check out the latest ones to see me getting a mention.

I'll be keeping you informed about life here – at the moment breeding season for all the birds around is in full swing and I am keeping a close eye on the broods of sparrows, blackbirds etc. which are on my patch. If I can't catch any, I make sure that none of the neighbouring moggies do! It's a full time job patrolling the grounds. I sometimes stay out all night in the great weather we've been having here in the north-east. It does annoy Maurice somewhat when I refuse to come in so he can lock the cat-flap.

There's lots to tell about The Old Vicarage, including being upgraded to five stars – speak to you soon. Bye for now -

Findlay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment